Primary Press Contact:
Director – Aqueduct Futures, the Los Angeles Aqueduct 100th Project
Assistant Professor, Department of Landscape Architecture
California Polytechnic State University Pomona
3801 W. Temple Avenue, Pomona, CA 91768
Cell: (213) 300-4429 | Fax: 909.869.4460
Articles by the Aqueduct Futures Project:
- Lehrman, B. 2015. ‘Reconstructing the Void: Owens Lake’, Water Index: response to a hydrological crisis in 3 acts. Seth McDowell, editor. University of Virginia/ACTAR Press, Barcelona. [in press]
- Lehrman, B. 2014. ‘Owens Lake Dust Mitigation’ [Photographs]. Design in the Terrain of Water, edited by Anuradha Mathur and Dilip da Cunha. Applied Research & Design (AR+D). [purchase]
- Barry J. Lehrman, Douglas Delgado and Mary E. Alm, Ph.D. Aqueduct as Muse: Educating Designers for Multifunctional Landscapes. ARID Journal. Fall 2013, Volume 2, Issue 2. http://aridjournal.com/aqueduct-as-muse-lehrman-delgado-alm/
- Lee-Anne Milburn, Ph.D. and Barry Lehrman, with Tiernan Doyle, Eric Haley, James Powell and Devon Santy. Contested Waters, Unholy Alliances, and Globalized Colonies: Exploring the Perception of Water by Residents of the Los Angeles Aqueduct Watershed. ARID Journal. Fall 2013, Volume 2, Issue 2. http://aridjournal.com/contested-water-unholy-alliances-milburn/
- LAtimes, March 28, 2015 “Meditations on Southern California water lifeline” by Christopher Knight
- Landscape Architecture Magazine, March 27, 2015, “LAMCAST of the Day”, by Jennifer Reut.
- KCET Artbound, March 23, 2015, “After the Aqueduct: Art Considering a Dry Future” by Lyle Zimskind.
- Curating LA, March 11, 2015, ‘”After the Aqueduct” – A panel Discussion and Exhibition Investigating the Los Angeles Aqueduct.’ Cby Jim Gilbert.
- You Can’t Eat The Sunshine March 9, 2015 podcast Episode #100: Arches & Aqueducts by Estouric.
- Only in Hollywood. March 5, 2015 ‘After the Aqueduct: now showing at LACE’, by Devin Strecker.
- PolyCentric, February, 2015, ‘After the Aqueduct Exhibit’
- Artbound, December 9, 2013, ‘Aqueduct Futures: Revisioning the Los Angeles Aqueduct Infrastructure’ by Kim Stringfellow.
- Sierra Wave, November 12, 2013, ‘Cal Poly looks for new relationship between LA and Inyo-Mono‘ by Benett Kessler.
- Aquanomics, November 13, 2013, ‘Aqueduct futures for Los Angeles and Owens Valley with Barry Lehrman’. by David Zetland. www.aguanomics.com/2013/11/speed-blogging_21.html
- Sierra Wave, February 14, 2013, ‘Students examine what could be‘ by Benett Kessler.
- Inyo Register, January 22, 2013. ‘L.A. City Council declares 2013 “Year of the Aqueduct“‘ by Mike Gervais.
- Inyo Register, October 11, 2012. ‘L.A. Aqueduct in spotlight‘ by Mike Gervais. Inyo Register 20121011124725 [pdf 1.5mb]
Aqueduct Futures press releases:
- Press release – Aqueduct Futures Exhibit 11_4_2013
- Press release – About the 606 Studio’s Lone Pine & June Lake workshops (2/16 & 2/17): ‘Envisioning the future of Owens Valley and Mono Basin’ [pdf 38 kb]
- Press Release – Oct 15th Design Workshop (Spanish version: Estudiantes Conducirán Taller Comunitario en Owens Valley – Oct 15th Workshop)
Cal Poly Pomona Public Affairs:
Emily Velasco, Communications Specialist